Boozy Popsicle Friday – Berry Sangria Popsicles
Might have to add Pink Moscato as well !
Light, cool desserts like this one are the perfect way to finish off a spring meal – not to mention another way to consume more wine! These bubbly popsicles have a bit of sweetness and fruitiness that will complement most food. Try making any variation you can dream up, like blackberries with Cabernet, or strawberries with champagne.
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- ½ cup of simple syrup (or sugar water)
- 1 lemon
- Chopped berries, such as strawberries, blackberries or raspberries (use any combination, as much or as little as you like)
- In a pitcher, stir together wine and simple syrup.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the pitcher with the wine and simple syrup.
- Add any combination of chopped berries to the liquid, and pour into popsicle molds (if you don’t own popsicle molds, 3-ounce paper cups will work as well) and freeze for about 1.5 hours or until the liquid becomes icy, but soft enough for the insertion of a popsicle stick.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the freezing popsicles, and continue to freeze until frozen.
- Once frozen and ready to serve, carefully remove from the popsicle mold, or cut and peel the paper cups away from the popsicles.
Reblogging bc my bestie comes in a few days and we must have these!!!